- To have the best cancer care system in place for Canadians at both the national and provincial level. (A system that is comprehensive, accessible, sustainable, affordable to all, universal and equitable.)
- To optimize quality of life and respect for the patient in all aspects of cancer care from prevention and screening, to diagnosis and treatment, through to palliation.
To advocate for the implementation of the best possible national cancer control strategy by:
- Being a vehicle for identifying issues common to all volunteer-driven, national cancer organizations/groups.
- Bringing the perspective of those affected by cancer directly into the policy-making process.
- Creating linkages and partnerships in order to achieve results both provincially and nationally.
- To represent the interests of all Canadians affected by cancer.
- To work with federal and provincial decision makers to ensure a pan-Canadian system evolves that optimizes care and treatment outcomes through all phases of the cancer continuum.