Who is CCAN?
The Canadian Cancer Action Network (CCAN) is a volunteer-driven organization comprised of more than twenty-five national cancer-site and population organizations. Representing an enormous network of cancer patients and their families, CCAN provides an informed patient perspective to work in progress across the cancer continuum in order to help reshape the cancer control landscape for all Canadians.
As the only umbrella organization of its kind in Canada, CCAN is dedicated to ensuring the patient voice is heard in order to accelerate progress in cancer control and achieve a health care system that is affordable and equitable to all Canadians. CCAN ensures patient interests remain a key priority on the national cancer control agenda and to this end, works closely with key stakeholders from the cancer community.
Why should my organization be an Associate Member of CCAN?
As an affiliate partner, CCAN provides your organization with a direct link to Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, the independent body tasked by the government to advance the Cancer Control Strategy. CCAN Associate Membership strengthens connections and engagement with community organizations, meeting the needs of patients and their families.
How can my organization apply to become an Associate Member?
Why does CCAN want Associate Members?
We are stronger working together.
CCAN has strong links to the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer and to many national cancer organizations. We recognize that the voice of the patient is often expressed through smaller grassroots organizations working at the provincial, territorial, regional or community level. By establishing Associate Membership, CCAN will further its patient engagement and broaden its outreach across the country.
- It will strengthen our position as a leading organization representing cancer patients and their families across Canada.
- It will provide an excellent opportunity to develop and build our pan-Canadian Patient Voice Network.
- Through its Associate Members, CCAN can contribute an informed, coordinated patient perspective on important patient issues.
How will CCAN communicate with Associate Members?
- Post current and relevant information on the CCAN website, including a special section devoted to our Associate Members.
- Forward CCAN’s e-bulletin.
- Provide electronic copies of CCAN’s Annual Report, and other special CCAN publications.
- Placing each Associate Member’s website link on the CCAN website.
How does CCAN help my organization advance its work?
- Circulate information, through website, bulletins and other materials.
- Offer education, through our e-learning program for Patient Voice Representatives.
- Stimulate connections to other national and community cancer organizations with shared interests and concerns.
- Present opportunities for partnership and collaboration.